HOURS OF SERVICE
This online Commercial Vehicle Drivers’ Hours of Service course covers Canada’s Federal Hours of Service regulations. It is intended to help drivers and carriers understand and increase their compliance with the regulations.
- The history of Federal Hours of Service legislation
- The human body clock and fatigue
- When driving is prohibited
- Which vehicles the regulations apply to and which are exempt
- Logbooks and daily duty status categories
- On-duty limits and off-duty requirements
- Sleeper berth requirements
- Cycles, cycle limits, cycle resets, and cycle switching
- Special permits for various vehicles
- Exemptions for emergencies or adverse driving conditions
- Out-of-service declarations
COMMERCIAL VEHICLE DRIVERS’ HOURS OF SERVICE COURSE ASSESSMENT:
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. Participants are able to repeat the course as many times as is needed if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
Average Course Running Time: 4 Hours
|INCLUDES CERTIFICATE Digital Wallet & Wall sized certificates may be printed immediately upon course completion.|
|SELF PACED Unlimited access to your training materials. Take as much time as you need to successfully complete your course. Pause or resume training at any time.|
|LIVE STUDENT SUPPORT Phone, email, text and internet chat support is available 7 days/week Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 8:00 pm and weekends 12:00pm to 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time.|
|UNLIMITED EXAM ATTEMPTS Exams may be attempted until a passing grade is obtained.|
|RECORD OF TRAINING Training records are stored securely for up to 3 years and may be accessed on demand from your account.|
Training courses may be completed on your desktop computer or laptop. Course materials are automatically adjusted based on your device to deliver an optimized learning experience.
OPERATING SYSTEM & BROWSER COMPATIBILITY:
Online course materials are compatible with Windows, Mac, and most widely used operating systems.
Website features and courseware are compatible with most widely used web browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Adobe Flash player is not required to take training courses.